At Bedtonic, we seek to innovate things we use everyday by adding a twist of sustainability and quality to our products. From the placement of buttons on our blankets and loungewear, and to the quality of materials and packaging, we make everyday living sustainable, safe and effortless. See the results of our conscious efforts and view our latest collection here.
Bedtonic’s mission is to create timeless and sustainable luxury lifestyle products that’s meant to last a lifetime. We are passionate about learning and adapting to new sustainable materials and practices to ensure mother earth rests easy - as we aim to leave a better world for our future generations.
BEDTONIC X SUSTAINABILITY
Sustainability is at the centre of Bedtonic’s ethos. At Bedtonic, we are conscious about the harmful effect that fast fashion has on our health and planet. Here is a breakdown of how we take ownership of our sustainability initiatives:
- Bedtonic x European Flax® Certification: All Bedtonic products are made with European Flax® Certified Linen produced in Europe. From flax seed to finished product, the European Flax® certifies traceability and accountability for growers and traders to follow sustainable practices at every step of production. This means that flax producers commit to zero irrigation, zero GMO, and zero waste when harvesting their flax.
- Bedtonic x Slow Fashion: Bedtonic’s products are made in small batches to ensure quality control and to limit resource consumption and environmental waste. Though costly, we use non-toxic dyes and small batch processes as it’s less harmful to your health and our planet. Every Bedtonic collection is made with an antique wash technique - a process which involves washing our linens in small batches in pumice stones (volcanic rocks) which makes Bedtonic’s linen deliciously soft and non-toxic. Unlike other fabrics and larger brands who use chemicals to achieve a soft finish, we go above and beyond the usual standard as it’s better for your health and our planet.
- Bedtonic x Uncompromising Quality: To combat environmental waste, one thing was clear - we needed to make quality products that are durable and can hold its own with every wear and wash. Our focus is to create versatile collections made with high levels of craftsmanship and thoughtful designs for you to enjoy all year long. Our secret to garment durability and longevity involves finishing our garment with a flat felled seam and double top stitchings. As a proponent of conscious-sustainable fashion we want to ensure that you receive stylish and quality products that will stand the test of time while also reducing environmental footprint.
- Bedtonic x Packaging: All Bedtonic products are packaged and shipped in reusable and recyclable materials. We believe in doing our part to make sure mother earth rests easy.
BEDTONIC X LINEN - THE WONDER FABRIC
All Bedtonic products are made with European Flax® Certified Linen imported from Europe. Here are some reasons why our hero fabric is unbeatable:
- Behind The Seed: Not all linen are made equal. The best quality linen originates from European flax that is grown along a coastal band stretching from France to Belgium and Netherlands. Because of Europe’s optimal growing conditions, European flax can grow up to 1 metre high and produces the finest quality of fibre with a high breaking point.
- Environmentally Friendly: Pure linen is biodegradable and recyclable and can be produced using less water compared to cotton. In addition, flax production uses less pesticides, fertilizers and toxic chemicals which makes the end-product safe to use on a daily basis.
- Forever Versatile: Pure linen is airy, breathable and soft. It’s also thermoregulating and will keep you cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
- Bye Allergies: Our European Flax® Linen is the perfect match for allergy sufferers due to it’s hypoallergenic and antibacterial properties.
- Made to Last: Pure linen is known to be durable and almost twice as strong as cotton, but despite its tough reputation, it gets soft with each wash.
BEDTONIC X OEKO-TEX® CERTIFIED
Oeko-Tex® is a recognized global leader in eco-labeling. All Bedtonic products are Oeko-Tex® Certified, which means every material included in our products from linen, threads, buttons and other accessories are free of harmful substances. Giving you the freedom to slip into your favorite Bedtonic bedding and loungewear, worry-free.
To learn more about our founder and creative director, Julie Ramsay, click here.Learn about Our Makers >